Labels

Sunday 25 September 2011

Putin Rules Russia




Who Rules Russia? Medvedev Announcement Proves It's Putin -- ABC News

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev today removed any doubt that his term in office has been a caretaker session, when he endorsed Prime Minister Vladimir Putin's candidacy in 2012.

"I believe it would be right if the congress support party leader Vladimir Putin's candidacy for president," Medvedev said today at a meeting of the United Russia party, according to Interfax.

Read more ....

My Comment: What is my take .... I have to say that this is not good .... and this is coming from someone whose nationality is Russian but who now lives in Canada. Russia is still a young democracy, but it pains me to see it go back to this concept of one man rule and authority. I personally was hoping that Putin would not jump back into the game .... that he has made enough money to enjoy life and to preoccupy himself with other issues. Apparently this is not the case .... hence a return to the center stage. My prediction ... Putin will easily win with 70% of the vote, but Russia's economic stagnation wi [...]



Submit your suggestion / comments / complaints on lookyp.com@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts