Labels

Thursday 13 October 2011

Safer Internet -- Categories to Quarantine

I have been receiving a lot of requests from people what are the various URLs that need to be blocked as part of parental control and what I recommend as a good parental control tool. I normally recommend OpenDNS has a good, free, reliable and cloud-based parental control tool. There is nothing to install and you can get started with a faster and safer internet in a few minutes.

Also OpenDNS groups the various URLs into different categories and it would be easier for you to block the URLs. My default ruleset of blocking is 'Custom' and the categories I normally block are hereunder:


I fondly hope that categorization should be fairly comprehensive parental control for securing an individual families' driving rooms. Opendns also facilitates individual URL unblocking/blocking as exemptions over and the categorization specified.


Source - Personal Weblog of Deepak Vasudevan

Submit your suggestion / comments / complaints / Takedown request on [...]



Submit your suggestion / comments / complaints / Takedown request on lookyp.com@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts