Labels

Monday 14 November 2011

"Judge Who Set Unsecured Bail For Jerry Sandusky Is A Second Mile Volunteer."

"District Judge Leslie Dutchcot... ordered that Sandusky be freed on $100,000 unsecured bail." The prosecutors wanted $500,000 and a leg monitor.

So... is Jerry Sandusky not a flight risk? Maybe not. If you look at the grand jury report, page 20, you'll see that when Sandusky was confronted with the allegations about "Victim 6," he said: "I understand. I was wrong. I wish I could get forgiveness. I know I won't get it from you. I wish I were dead." That suggests his orientation leans toward escape by suicide. I'm no expert on the standards relating to bail requests, but don't you think that someone who'd consider suicide as the solution lacks the energy and determination to flee or at least is unlikely to flee successfully? I don't know. Presumably, he has plenty of money, and he knows he's likely to lose it all in the various lawsuits that will be filed. What's $100,000 to him?
Source - Althouse




Submit your suggestion / comments / complaints / Takedown request on lookyp.com@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts