Labels

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Noel Gallagher Rolls With It











While the fraternal circus that was Oasis is now behind him, Noel Gallagher has found there's still plenty of surprises on the road. "Well, the world is a vastly ever-changing place inhabited by f...wits," he says sagely down the line from Los Angeles.

"You deal with them more often than not. The world is a freaky place, I like it. If only people didn't carry guns, though."

He makes a good point. Only days previously a gunman had gone on a shooting rampage up the street from where Gallagher was staying. The aftermath was not what the singer/songwriter expected.

"F...ing hell, it was crazy. The weird thing is, about an hour later, it's like nothing's happened. People are just kind of like 'Did you hear that shooting before . . . oh yeah'. What do you mean, 'Oh yeah'. Seven people got f...ing shot in the street and some guy got his head blown off by the cops. And it was like nothing had happened. I mean, I like this country but really, what the f...?"

Gallagher is on the long and winding road touring in support of a new album, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, his debut solo LP and first release since Oasis broke up in 2009. Almost to his surprise, it seems to be going very well.

"You wouldn't expect me to say anything other than it's been great," Gallagher says. "But I thought that I would be very frustrated and uneasy and awkward and a bag of nerves and very dissatisfied with it. I have to say that I'm taking to it like a duck to water. I find it very relaxing, walking on [...]



Submit your suggestion / comments / complaints / Takedown request on lookyp.com@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts