Labels

Friday 30 September 2011

The Great Flood of 2011

This week has been one for the record books. On Monday, the University closed at 3:30 due to flooding streets. This is my 13th year with the University and it's never closed for rain. Several area streets were closed due to high water. All of the rivers had overflowed their banks. My children were stuck at school. Their buses didn't run and my husband had to go pick them up. When we got home, we had water in our basement. Not bad but he had to get outside and redirect the flowing water that was coming down the hill behind our house. Many, many people had significant damage. Northwest Arkansas made the national news and we were on the Today show on Tuesday morning. It was quite dangerous; many rescues had to be made either due to flooded homes or cars that became stalled while trying to drive through water that was too high.

This is the field across the road from my house. I have never been able to see the river from my house. It is out of eye sight. However, on Monday night it looked like I lived across the road from a lake. Here are before and after pictures.



[...]



Submit your suggestion / comments / complaints / Takedown request on lookyp.com@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts